Friday, February 24, 2006

Behold the Kraken






When I originally worked the god angle into Dark Roads, the male deity was draconian. I considered that and decided that dragons are more common in fantasy than I'd like. After some serious onversation with friends, I decided that a kraken represented what I needed: water, depths, cold, winter, violent power. I needed something to be a foil for the Phoenix. This is the heroine, Lucea, after capture by the Kraken.

I'm afraid a lot of detail was lost when I shrunk it. I may experiement and post a larger version if I can. Also, at risk of sounding witchy, please do NOT take this image and post it somewhere. These are my characters and this is my original artwork. If you want to post is on your site, please ASK and ATTRIBUTE it to me and link to the blog as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Were you aware that there is a big-time fetish in Japan with tentacle sex? I'm not making this up.

I love the kraken idea, Saborra ;)

February 24, 2006 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger The Beautiful Schoolmarm said...

So you're saying my book has a market in Japan? Yes!

February 25, 2006 at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home